Monday, January 19, 2015

Wasted Space - An Erstwhile Resolution for More Resolutions

I'm adding in more goals to this year. These are less concrete in nature, and are therefore more akin to resolutions. I realized that I wanted to do more with my year besides sit around and work on shit all the damn time (not that there's anything wrong with that) so I'm writing down a couple of things here.

Go to more live shows - This is Chicago. It's one of the best music cities in the country. Just ask Dave Grohl. I've already seen Buddy Guy in concert - let's go one live show for every audition. Maybe this is the year I finally see the god damn Counting Crows?

Listen to more new music/new to me music - I tend to fall back on my tropes/favorite bands, so this year I want to expand my palate. Well, maybe not as pretentiously as that sounds, but hey. If you have any new stuff to recommend, send it my way! I will totally tell you if it sucks or not.

Read more - I've made reading in bed for an hour my nightly ritual. It's actually helping me sleep a lot better (#insomniac) and I get to do reading in a situation that doesn't involved whipping out a book on the train. Now to pay off my god damn library fine.

Be a more outgoing friend - I feel like I've been the friend who sees most of you guys (I assume you're the ones reading this blog) at parties, so this year, I'll instigate more shenanigans around the city (for those of you without bebes, anyways). Let's hang out, yos. Game night, trivia night, etc.

Cook more food - I've been doing this, but I'm talking about beyond burgers and tacos. The other day, I made parmesan crusted chicken for the first time...and it was delicious. More food to come.

See more theatre - I do pretty well with this...but I can do better.

Watch the new TV shows I've been meaning to catch up on - We're talking Mad Men, Breaking Bad, True Detective, etc. Made it through Sherlock finally! (Second season - amazing. Third season - aggravating. More please kay thnx bai)

Explore more of the city - There's a lot of the city I've yet to see. Time to look around more. Trips to Lincoln Square, Wicker Park, Logan Square, the south side, etc. Gotsta look around.

Get Outside of the City - Even if it's day trips to Milwaukee, it's time to look around a bit. Gotsta roam around.

It's little stuff, but I'm doing pretty good elsewhere. Started work on a short film script, and I'm over a quarter of the way through the book (26,000 words, 11 chapters, and counting). Still looking to get started on the next projects, and I have my first 2015 audition scheduled. Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment